Huangshan Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Shanghai – Huangshan (L)
Transfer to Shanghai Hongqiao High Speed Train Station on your own this morning. Upon arrival in Huangshan after two and half hours, you’ll met by our guide and driver for transfer to the luxury Crowne Plaza Yucheng hotel.
Huangshan is the name of the city (formerly known as Tunxi) where the train station and airport are located. It was renamed after the famous mountain which literally means Yellow Mountain. Rumour has it that the name of the city might be changed again in the near future to its historically important old name of Huizhou.
Known as ‘the loveliest mountain of China’, Huangshan is a mountain range composed of material that was uplifted from an ancient sea during the Mesozoic era, 100 million years ago. The mountains themselves were carved by glaciers during the Quaternary. Vegetation on the range is thickest below 1,100 metres (3,600 ft), with trees growing up to the timberline at 1,800 meters (5,900 ft). The area is well known for its scenery, sunsets, peculiarly shaped granite peaks, pine trees, hot springs, winter snow, and views of the clouds from above. Huangshan is a frequent subject of traditional Chinese paintings and literature, as well as modern photography.
Afternoon sightseeing sees you at Hongcun, a key component of the UNESCO World Heritage Site collectively known as Ancient Villages in Southern Anhui. The traditional village represents a type of non-urban settlement that largely disappeared or was transformed during the last century. The street plan, architecture and decoration, and the integration of houses with comprehensive water systems are unique surviving examples.
On the way to or from the village, the guide will ask the driver to stop somewhere for you to have an up-close look at the life a farming village. If this is not initiated by the guide, please feel free to ask for it. The guide and driver will be glad to comply.
Day 2: Huangshan Scenic Area (B/L/D)
After breakfast, we drive to the mountain and reach one of the peaks by cable car, thus beginning our full day exploration of the mountain. Located in the southern part of Anhui Province, Huangshan is a marvel: within an area of 154 square kilometers there are as many as 72 peaks, whose names indicate the shapes they resemble. In 1990, the UNESCO inscribed Huangshan a World Natural and Cultural Heritages Site. The beauty of Huangshan lies in its “four wonders”: pine trees with shapely foliage, peculiarly shaped rocks, sea of clouds, and hot springs.
Day 3: Huangshan – Shanghai (B)
This morning you board the bullet train to return to Shanghai. Depending on your train schedule and/or preference, additional sightseeing in Huangshan can be arranged at additional cost.
Price per person based on twin room sharing: US$655 or CA$850 | Single supplement (single room surcharge): US$140 or CA$180
- Second class round-trip train fare between Shanghai and Huangshan.
- Two nights with buffet breakfast at 5-star Huangshan Crowne Plaza Yucheng Hotel.
- Two lunches and one dinner featuring gourmet Chinese food at high-quality local restaurants.
- Licensed English-speaking local guide personally selected by company owners.
- Professionally operated sedan or minivan meeting all licensing and insurance requirements.
- Round-trip transfers between train station and hotel in Huangshan.
- All applicable admission charges including cable car rides.
- Gratuities to local guide and driver.
- Bottled water during scheduled tour activities.
- All applicable taxes and surcharges.
- International air.
- Passport and visa charges.
- Transfers in Shanghai.
- Incidental charges such as laundry and telephone services.
- Any other service or activity not specifically listed as included in the itinerary.
Our Commitment to You
There are unlicensed tour guides and under-licensed vehicles/drivers operating in China. You won’t be able to seek recourse if anything goes wrong while you are in the care of such individuals. Laurus Travel is committed to complete customer satisfaction as attested by a stellar track record of 20 years. As our valued client, you would never have to put up with any of the following:
- Guide without license and/or much experience.
- Vehicle or driver not licensed to operate commercially.
- Any shopping stop or optional program.